Friday, January 5, 2007

January 4, 2006



My mom always reminded me in high school how lucky I was to have remained friends with so many of the same people I was friends with in elementary school, adding more along the way. However, after high school many of us went off in our own direction as people normally do. This winter break I decided to have the gang over again for nostalgic purposes, for a brunch. My holiday domesticity, while short-lived I’m sure, has been put to good use in recent days and this day was no different. A dozen homemade scones later, we were sitting around chatting about life’s unexpected twists in anticipation of where we may end up next. While it was fun to see everyone, I felt an acknowledgment that this will probably be the last time we are all together–save for any crazy high school reunions. People have changed, matured, grown new lives and paths and we will definately not all be there for the ride.

No comments: